Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Eyelashes extension

This is another sharing post. I've done a few of eyelashes extension, not all the time, but sometimes, depends on my mood ( my mood always take an important role in my dress up and beauty regime)

The first time I tried this because of a friend and then we went to did it together. And we all know how long lashes can instantly make our eyes look bigger and prettier.

The different between eyelash extension and fake eyelashes is the shapes . Generallyfake eyelashes comes in a whole strip, eyelashes extension comes in strands. And it will need to be put on by a professional and it last longer.

I am not good at putting fake lashes, I found it to be very tricky. So that's why I think eyelashes extension is a good option for me.

There are 2 types that I've tried so far ( and not sure if there are many more option out there)
Single strand, and multi strands.

The single strand basically is just a single strand of eyelash and it will be glued to our eyelid, one by one. There are length to choose from. And the whole process will take about 1 hour.

The multi strands consist of a bunch of single strand. So the base of the bunch will be thicker , it will also glued to our eyelid. It takes about 30-45 mins to put on . And also comes in certain length.

I prefer the multi strands, as it last longer and faster to put on and easier to maintain. The single strand tends to fall off easily.
But the single strand of course will look much more natural from near.

The cost here in KK is about RM 50. And it last me about 7-10 days before I need to have the repair ( just add in the fall off pieces) price will be vary.

The maintainance:
you will need to be careful not to scrub you eyes obviously . And when you take out your eyemake up you will need to be careful also, use cotton bud will do.

Pain factor:
Almost zero pain factor, but the glue will sting your eyes. It will go away in a while when it dries out. If your vision blur after the extension you just need to wash your face after the glue dries properly.

Find a beautician with a good skill to achieve a natural looking lashes and I always opt for natural length . No one wants to end up looking like a drag queen here ! :-D

Happy Lashing...

oh btw.. I did eyebrow embroidery . want me to review? LOL

8 comments:

CathJ said...

I never tried the eyelash ext yet.Only use fake and go for curls (Which stay for 1-2 mths..lol) may be will do that when I go bck KK :-D..

Can you tell me where can i go for the eyelash ext there in KK? Thanks my fren..

Eirin said...

interesting & wonderful sharing!

sandra, i saw some reviews yesterday that when those lashes drops... their original lashes will drop too - thus, causing their original lash to fall-off or will be shorter becoz of the effect. are these claims true??

and they mentioned, after having eyelash extension, it is quite impossible to use liner or applications that could potentially make the removal of make-up tough.

haiz... wanna look pweety also has all the cost and cause hor...

Anonymous said...

aok: where u do the embroidery? i did mine in wisma before. i think i need to re-do it coz its been 2 years and i think the colour is getting funny now...

Joan D'Arcy said...

hehehe.. makcik santik :) pix? :D The furthest I did was perm my eyelashes.... tempting!

Unknown said...

I did curl also and Like it. :)

I did in a friend's friend saloon but now since she moved I did in Karamunsing complex.

Mabel, if you take out the lashes roughly then our real lashes will come off too. And I dont think it will grow back shorter.
But of course you will need to give your eyelashes a break. dont do it for a longer period wthout resting.

i still can use liner and shadows. and I still can remove it easily ( wth cotton buds)

AOK :
I did my embroidery at Palm square the cut above ( I think) saloon , the one with the loreal color bar in the centre.
Mine is just less than one year , but my sis ( she did it in Spore) one still look great after 3 years. I think embroidery should last longer.
So far I am very satisfied with my eyebrow, and many ppl told me that it looks very natural too.

Cel
ala no pix la hahah..
ya perming also good.

Joan D'Arcy said...

hahaha.. nanti i see you on Saturday.. DH dont like anything yg not natural... so, urs look natural huh? tempting!!!! lol!

Aunty J said...

What exactly is eyebrow embroidery? Tatooing ur eyebrow ka? I'm thinking of tatooing my eye lines but DH doesn't like the idea...I usually wear eye liner or else I look like I just got out of bed hahaha...but I wonder how painful it is and how much it'll cost...hv u done or heard abt it? I had a friend who did hers more thn 20 yrs ago and it still looks great on her!

Deana E said...

haha banyak masa..yes pls review when i hv time like u i may try..hehe even pedicure i hardly hv time lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Le nostre gioia