We didn't go out during Earth Hour. Didn't plan to do anything also.
8.30 is my children usual bed time. Since I normally start to have down time for them from 8, and since yesterday my maid was off and my dh was still working, So it was just 3 of us. So I decided to turned it off earlier.
We had a " not enough " pizza dinner with si lebahsibuk ( thanks for the salmon burger to the rescue!) . And as soon as they left. I cleaned the kitchen, tidy up a bit the living room, locked the gate, and off the light. Took candles up. Off PC, didn't on the aircon, didn't off the TV too. Nothing fancy for Earth Hour in our home. Simply dark...
I didn't want to go down again in the middle of "down time" with my kids, which would disturb them. So why not to off early?
I only on a fan in our master room. Indy was a sleep fast, but Maya didn't , so she kept saying:
Got candle! but no cake! happy b'day candle!!!!
Yes, she is obsessed with cakes still....( specially the topping )
My neighborhood still stay the same. I might be the only one who joined in. But I was kind of expected it. So no big deal, it is not about what other did, I did this for my self and our earth. And hopefully it will create awareness too in this neighborhood.
Though one lady in the market , who takes Indy to school everyday did remind Indy on Friday about EH. And so did Indy's teacher.
To my surprise , My dh has decided to off 60% of the restaurant light off! YAY! Good for him. No poster, no announcement that the restaurant will join, no special "Earth Hour" dinner what so ever. But he just decided to turn in off. Of course the kitchen lights and equipments were still on for sure! Just a symbolic way to show that he cares for the Earth. He is always the one who talk about global warming to me on how selfish human being are.
We can't live without electricity that is for sure. And I am thankful for the electricity and all source of power for the modern living. But we can't take anything for granted. We need to treat our Earth in a more gentle way.
We had many "rude awakening" this pass decade : Tsunami, flood,Hurricane, thunderstorm, extreme temperatures , odd weather , and so on" And as I am typing this, outside there is a very bright sun together with large drops of rain. ..talking about odd weather?
I would really like to know where can I send the plastic bottles, tin, and glass bottles to be recycle here in KK? So far I can only recycle paper products. Anybody can help?
I didn't see many recycle bins around here.
4 comments:
Nice to see both KLCC & KL Tower joined in the darkness. :-)
Bek, last time we all sent plastic bottles and can stuffs di area simpang Menggatal-Telipuk. Got one recycle center near by traffic light tu..
We didnt go anywhere too..my husband was in Kelantan, so Zuleyka was asleep in our room (aircond still on kihkih), maid washing dishes, kemas dapur with candles, the boyz and I just hung out infront of our car porch..didnt feel very earth hour,most of the shops infront of our house still had lights on and 2 of my neighbours didnt observe, I guess. I ended up sweeping the dead leaves on my front yard..got street lights mahh :)
Great Video.. ;-)
Post a Comment