We have a weird experience here in China. As many of foreign faces people ( foreign as in "white"/"western" or other colored skin people), people like to take picture of my girls . During our recent Expo visit, there were at least ten to 15 people that we noticed keep taking picture of our girls and our friend's son.Some did ask for permission , and some just took their pic, some wanted to take picture together with them. And we were like " uhm??really??"
We are not Brangelina here! While my girls take this treatment quite fine, sometimes they will cover their faces, or run away, sometimes they will pose with them :), and sometimes they will stick out their tongues at them too.
And this "paparazzi" kind of things also happen in the city, when we went out to mall, on the road etc. I am not so comfortable about this, normally I would just ignore them and let them take photos , but to think of it, for the safety of my kids this thing isn't right. What if they use the photos for some illegal or not proper things? My friends would just tell them off, or take their children away . While , me, being the nice person ( ehm...) still don't have the heart to tell them off , specially if the person look ok and not rough, But to think again appearance can be deceitful right?
Another thing that I really don't like is stranger to touch my girl's cheeks. EUW!! When this happened I definitely would tell them off. They like to stay " pretty" "cute" and then pinch or touch the girl's cheeks. Once , a man in his 20-30 touch Indy's cheeks and followed her in the supermarket and looking at her in a freaky way. It gave me a creepy feeling and then I told him off and I left my shopping cart and grabbed Indy straight away and left.
What will do you if strangers start to take pics of your children? Should I tell them off?
2 comments:
i considered it quite impolite for people to just take picture or pinch/touch children (who are not theirs) without permission.. and not to mention creepy...
hmmm, hard also nie..if we tell them off, we will be labelled too proud or bad..may be just move our kids politely- use gesture instead of words? tu la maya and indy too cute and pretty lol
Post a Comment