Hi friends and blogger friends! It's been a while since the last update. I am trying to post as regular as possible, but since I want to keep a " journal" of life and not just a boring " diary/activities " records in my blog, I have to have a " theme" or "Quote" to share, and sometimes it doesn't come easy :). Anyway....here I am now.
Last month, May , has been a hard month for me. My dad was hospitalized and undergoing spinal surgery. He is back in Jakarta now, still recovering mentally and psychically. It's been the hardest time for him as well. We all pray for his strength during this time.
And while I was in Guang Zhou for his stay there, I lost my whole bag in a restaurant too. My, Thanks Goodness, our passport and my mobile was not in there. It is an old scam, but however it worked ( badly) to me! I put my bag on the next chair beside me, and my sis was facing me, and yet we didn't see when it was stolen. And my bag is not tiny , it is big and heavy and yet it was just vanished right in front of my eyes. Could it be hypnotized tactic? or just us being tired, under stress and a lot of things going on in our head that day so we could be easily distracted? Or could it be that one of the staffs in the restaurant is one of the " thieves" team? Well what is gone is gone... I lost cash ( I seldom bring that many cash around normally) , credit cards, ATM cards, Canon camera, Ipod, my watch ( which happened to be repair so I put it inside my bag ), my make up ( I also seldom bring my make up around but since I practically live switching between hotel and hospital so I bring it with me ). If I lost ( touch wood) the passports and my mobile it could be much much hassle.
But to think of it, God knows what I need . A good family, my parent's health , my friends and my kids to be around with me . That is the most that I need. The cash could be earn back again, the cards could be replace easily, and before I lost my bag, I got a new bag stand by for me , and my dad even though we never tell him about this incident, he gave me his favorite awesome camera. My nieces will send their old Ipods for me ( yay) . I got a few watches at home waiting for me.
For those who stole my bag, I could say I didn't lost a thing but I gained something. Something that they can't steal away from me, something more valuable, something to riches my life. For them they might easily sell off my bag, my wallet, my ipod, my camera and my watch for some cash. And who knows how long the money that they wickedly earn could last them.
And during that hard days, my amazing husband who was not with me at that time, showed his support and love, and words of encouragement for me, which mean the world to me. I could not go on if it is not because of him, my dad, my girls , my aunt, and my great sister. We shared our love, joy, tears and laughter together.
And the best thing of all for that day? My father was being baptisted on the same day I lost my bag. I believe that God's plan is always good. Don't you think?
2 comments:
Yes Sandra..indeed is a blessing in disguise..
Pray your dad regain strength and health soonest..
Cheers!
Blogger buddy Molly :D
Glad to hear that all are well with you and your family, especially your dad ...good news too for he has been baptised, will also pray that he knows John 3:16 :)
Post a Comment