Sunday, March 27, 2011

Self motivated

Indy had a playdate recently with one of her homeschoolers buddy. A girl age 9 , just a year older than her. They had a great time together.
They did all the "girl talks " and just being a girl at their age. Indy shared her diary , her first crush ( YES!! I KNOW!! HAHAHA) , and they were dancing in Indy's room with a door closed , and with blasting music of Taylor Swift, Justin bieber etc. A typical girls day !!! I love to see Indy had so much fun!!

Her friend, is home schooled for all of her live,never go to any formal school and somehow you can tell that she is a home schooler.^_^.
However, it is very impressive for me to see, that this young girl, learn Mandarin , on her own. She took her Mandarin book, and I saw her neat writing. Of course, I did ask her : is this your homework that your Chinese tutor gave you? Her answer surprise me the most : oh I dont have any Chinese tutor. My older sisters have but I dont. Those Chinese Characters I wrote it on my own. I just copied from a book, and learn by my self.
I was like " REALLY?? WOW!!!"

When we decided to homeschool our girl, our goal is not to make her the number 1  academically . But to have a different view on learning than most of the schooling children. I think to witness that , another homeschooler, at age 9, could be self motivated, it's something we want for our children. I don't see this often in any other children. Mostly. the parents need to nag, push to let them study, do their homework and so on.

I do hope , self motivated will be one of the skills my girls will have.

Have a great weekend.

XOXO
S.R

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Le nostre gioia