Monday, January 25, 2010

Copy cat vs Inspired

What I'v been thinking recently is there any line that seperate inspired and copy cat?
What 's seperate them? Or is " inspired " is the new word for "copy cat?"  And where does our intregity, our individual uniqueness go to?

If someone said that they are inspired by someone or something and do exactly the same like the person he or she is inspired with? If  I said I am inspired by a mom who homeshooled 5 children, does it mean I need to have 5 kids of my own?

Inspire is to affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence..

Influence..... yes we will receive many of influence in our life. But that doesn't mean to copy 100 % ( erhm or 75%) of what other have done. If  one person sells bread in front of the school main gate and I am inspired by tha and also sell bread in front of  the side gate, would you consider that as inspired?

But when you are being copied , somehow you know that you have made IT! Meaning that you've done something impressing and make others people want to do the same too.

See all the FAKE designer bags? That means the designer has MADE it... it is  a form of "compliment"
"oooh I've been copied means my designs are cool."
Fake bags  or the "Replica" is  suppose to mean to look like the real one, but it doenst have the same quality like the Real Deal.
Have you spot the so called " desinger inspired bags" ? These kind of bag will not copy the real deal 100%. If you look at it carefully it might spelled "PLADA" instead of PRADA. Or GUSSI instead of GUCCI. Or maybe there stars on the logo got one less point?

Fake or not fake or real or not real , you decide!beside it is just a bag....!!!
But do you want to be a fake person too? Now that is  the real question....

oh I must go now.... with my LV bag,,,,, real or fake? You can be the judge... :)
but me as person? I am the real deal :)

Have a great week a head!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This almost makes me feel that you've read one of my blog posts wakakaa..
I am inspired by a certain "domestic goddess" but I don't dare copy her work, not even 75%. Yet someone in the same business as I am has been following my ideas & designs closely (I still think this is copycat but maybe that person refers to it as "inspired"). Whatever it is, someone once said what you are saying here..that I may have made it that's why someone wants to copy. He heee...reading this makes me feel "tak kisah" towards these copycats from now own :D
Thanks.

MissBea said...

inspired is nicer than copy cat though... but whatever you wear LV fake or not, you look faboulous !!!

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Love this heheheh.

Unknown said...

@SOHOMama : I totally understand how you do you feel. Your work is an art. So who ever think that is ok to just copy your works is a shallow person, and sure she got no patience and passion for art like you. What that kind of person wants is just to make a quick bucks. And integrity is not part of her for sure.

It also kind of happened to me if you noticed, "some e store" has the same feeling like mine. Categories , products, even the fonts? well i cant do anything. but sure she've missed alot of things for not being original and creative.
Because by creating what we want ,how we want it, we also learn new things, conquer new obstacles , I am sure by copying something , it can be easier and faster... but it wont have the same result..
anyway.. what matter it is not just the result but the process it self ,right?

@miss Diana thank you !!! :)
@SJB: :P thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Sandra,
I think I know :)
I think the e-store used to be in the same location as you were before..I think lahh ha haa..
Funny, the person that I think was "inspired by my work" also lives so close by me..!

Unknown said...

SOHOmama: actually the store that got the "same feeling" like me is not in the same location. :)
anyway.. let's see on the positive said,so you've made it! :-d

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Le nostre gioia